Your newspaper will include the following:
1. News story
-The who, what, when, where, why of the battle (date, number of soldiers, casualties, etc.)
2. Biography of a participant in the battle
3. An Editorial
4. Letter to the editor about the Civil War or your particular battle
5. Pictures that relate to the war and battle
6. Any other information your team discovered about this battle
7. A box for the bibliography.
1. Choose a city that is the home of your newspaper. (This will decide if your newspaper is a Confederate or Union paper)
3. Pick your battle.
4. Research your battle.
5. Write your individual articles.
6. Use Microsoft Publisher or another publishing software to create your newspaper.
7. Edit your final product.
The American Civil War Homepage
Civil War Clipart
Index of Civil War Information
Civil War Photographs
You must answer the following questions typed from Microsoft Word with your name, date, social studies 8 at top.
1. What was the most difficult part of this assignment?
1. Each individual article will be graded on its content, grammar, and creativity.
2. Neatness includes; easy to read font & print doesn't go off page.
3. Everything is included in the paper as stated at the start of this page.